Caging for groups of Cresteds...

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Hey guys, Need a little advice.

I am looking to use those Critter Cages (the ones with the locking sliding screen) and flipping them on the side (So the screen is in front, and the cage is standing on one side, making it taller). I've thought of using the 20 longs, but what ratio do you think I could put in there for adults? A trio I would think would be fine, but what about a 1.3? Or is that too crowded? The 20 long would be 12x30xI think 12. I could also get the 30 breeders which are wider and a bit longer. 18x36x12(i think).

Here is a day gecko set up in the way I am thinking of setting up the cresteds.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?photo=309534

Let me pick your brain :) Give me your thoughts Rhac junkies!

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
The only difference between a 20L and a 30 gallon tank is that the 30 gallon is higher (when both are standing the normal way). Length and width of both tanks is the same, but the 30 is higher. So the gain you would make between the two, keeping in mind that you plan on standing the tank on end, is then the depth. I wouldn't recommend any more than 1.2 in a 20L stood on end, or 1.3 in a 30.

robin

1.2 in a twenty and 1.3 in a 30? no way too small
1.1 in a twenty and 1.2 in a 30

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
robin said:
1.2 in a twenty and 1.3 in a 30? no way too small
1.1 in a twenty and 1.2 in a 30

I stated 20L. Length and depth of 20L and 30 regular are the same.

Size L x W x H
20 gallon Long 30" x 12" x 12"
29 gallon 30" x 12" x 18"
30 gallon Breeder 36" x 18" x 12"

Desire', the 30 breeder would probably be better for a 1.3 group. It will give you good space for arboreal hides. Lots of nice design possibilities. :)

Last edited:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post, I meant a 30 breeder not the regular 30's.

Still deciding what I want to do...I can get tanks at cost. I really want to utilize males tho...

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Nah, it's all good. It looks like you're doing good research and have everything under control. I coulda payed better attention to 30 gal breeder in the first post. LOL

Tanks at cost, huh? I should be so lucky. Congrats! :)

Visit our friends