Cal-Stron

Stl_Greaser

Anyone ever have any experience with this product? I got a free sample in the mail and have not used any yet. It is a calcium supplement with strontium also.

Thanks,
Brian.

MasiKast

Yes it is specifically for reptiles.

This is what the label says in it's general description.

Contains naturally occurring strontium carbonate for greater bone density and egg shell strength.
More digestible than oyster shell or calcite.
Phosphorous free.
Made from pristine coral sands.
Ultra smooth texture.

It appears to be natural colored and not bleached of impurities as well.

I still don't really understand what the differences in ingredients will make. Seems all too scientific for me!

So if anyone has used it with no problems I will assume it is safe to use.
Please post if you have used this product.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Strontium is used in low doses to treat osteoperosis, but in higher doses it can be toxic and disrupts calcium metabolism. Without knowing the amount of strontium in the product and safe dosages for leos or other reptiles I would be hesitant to use it.

MasiKast

We have been hesitant to use it. I appreciate the info on what strontium is for. I gave some to my water dragon today because I realized I hadn't dusted his stuff in a bit so I don't think it will hurt to be a possibly higher dose. I may give it to my turtle too since I feed him in his water and dust doesn't stay on the crickets very well.

Stl_Greaser

Yes as stated it is marked for reptiles, I actually saw the add in Reptile magazine for the free sample and went to the web site 8 months ago. I was surprised a few weeks later to receive a full 6oz jar of it for free. It is distributed by blueiguanaproducts.com. I have not given any to my Leopard geckos only used it once with our two bearded dragons so far.

Thanks,
Brian.

B

bigwil79

Hi I'm new here. But I use that product for my Leo's and Tortise . I love the stuff :D You just have to check with your vet on how much you need to give to your Herp . That is what it says on th bottle , and I only dust there food once a week anyway . If you guys have any more questions on it feel free to ask :D

STILIOGecko

collector & Enthusiast
it might be good for leopard geckos that dont get much UVB for their bones, if it does turnout to be bad you can always ad a little saltpeter to it and make your own road flares :D

Visit our friends