Calcium Bubbles?

Jordan

What are the signs of too much supplementation?

ive heard they get calcium bubbles under arms is this right?
because i think i have a male showing signs of this.

anyway i wanted to ask what to do and what the side effects could be of this?

cheers :)

MiamiLeos

There is some debate as to weather or not the arm pit bubbles, also affectionately called "side-boobs", are something to be concerned with. They appear when the gecko has some extra vitamins available in the body. They are kind of like a storage center for minerals and vitamins like the tail is for fat. In the years I have been breeding leos, I have changed the way I supplement very little. Some of the geckos I have show slight side-boobage, some dont show it at all. I have never seen a difference in health or behavior between animals with or without side-boobs. Honestly, i dont mind the boobs at all. I feel that, like a good fat tail, the extra vitamins stored in the side-boobs will aide a gecko in recovery if it happens to fall ill. However, if the boobs are like HUGE, then I would probably cut back on supplementation. doubt they are though, I have never seen an animal with overly large boobage and this is likely because the geckos know what they need and what they dont need. I have never denied an animal calcium or vitamens because they know their bodies much better than I do :) Others may have a different view on the side-boob debate lol. Hope this helps some.

Jordan

There is some debate as to weather or not the arm pit bubbles, also affectionately called "side-boobs", are something to be concerned with. They appear when the gecko has some extra vitamins available in the body. They are kind of like a storage center for minerals and vitamins like the tail is for fat. In the years I have been breeding leos, I have changed the way I supplement very little. Some of the geckos I have show slight side-boobage, some dont show it at all. I have never seen a difference in health or behavior between animals with or without side-boobs. Honestly, i dont mind the boobs at all. I feel that, like a good fat tail, the extra vitamins stored in the side-boobs will aide a gecko in recovery if it happens to fall ill. However, if the boobs are like HUGE, then I would probably cut back on supplementation. doubt they are though, I have never seen an animal with overly large boobage and this is likely because the geckos know what they need and what they dont need. I have never denied an animal calcium or vitamens because they know their bodies much better than I do :) Others may have a different view on the side-boob debate lol. Hope this helps some.

helped a hell of a lot, thanks for that, no need to worry then. He doesnt have massive boobs lol. but thanks for that, i'll let you know if it causes any problems or changes to the gecko's behaviour, but doubt it will if youve never had any problems.

roger

helped a hell of a lot, thanks for that, no need to worry then. He doesnt have massive boobs lol. but thanks for that, i'll let you know if it causes any problems or changes to the gecko's behaviour, but doubt it will if youve never had any problems.

Some of mine have had them for yrs

Salt4Sam

Beardies and Uromastyx

Everybody loves some boobs now and then. rofl. :main_laugh:

Visit our friends