Calcium in the wild?

adam&nikki

this is a great question i know the feeders would get vitiamins from the plants they would eat but what about calcium? or does some one run around and sprinkle calcium on the bugs a leo would eat?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
They have access to a MUCH wider variety of prey in the wild, which in turn eat a MUCH more varied diet than our cultured feeders, leading to more nutritional variety.

Cephalectomy

any idea what they'd eat in the wild that would give them the calcium they need? If they're solely bug eats, are there bugs out there that actually have high calcium levels? I just couldn't help but wonder since there's always so much emphasis on calcium for reptiles as pets, it makes sense that the plant eaters would get their's from the plants they eat but wondered how the bug eaters got their's :)

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Wild Calcium Where?

I'm curious, since we have to give our little babies calcium and vitamins on their bugs, how exactly do they get this in the wild? :)

Calcium is a metallic chemical element which appears in great abundance in numerous compounds in the Earth's crust. Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals on Earth, in fact, and it is also a vital component of many living organisms, making calcium very important element of healthy nutrition.
***** and then the elements also make it available to
the many sources of prey food.
Take care. HJ

Visit our friends