can leopard geckos live ok in wooden vivs??

shell

3 Year Member
im gettin a bigger viv 4 my snake so wil hav a bigger wooden viv tht the gekos can go in, i wanted to no if they will b ok in a wooden 1, with glass slide doors, they are in a glass viv now. thank u 4 your help :)

They need a desert environment because they live in it in the wild. Also leos don't climb so they walk on the bottom. So that's what you need to make your Leo happy. Good luck and I hope I was help.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I see no problem with it being made of wood, humidity is not an issue. I keep snakes and leos in a wooden shelf unit that I added sliding plexi fronts to, which made individual habitats. They do need a heat source, so consider a heat lamp or rock. UTH are not good on wood.

shell

3 Year Member
thnk u all 4 ur replies, i did mean a wooden viv as they are in glass viv atm, they wil b movin 2 the wooden 1 2day or 2mra wen we hav sorted it out 4 them :)

shell

3 Year Member
thnks, i now have them in the wooden viv, they are enjoyin explorin at the moment :) as they hav more room wil put pics up in cuple ov days :)

shell

3 Year Member
they like it, i think the hot side bit 2 hot tho, so wil b gettin a cooler heat light, they seem t enjoy explorin tho n hav more room :)

Visit our friends