can leos...

cyndi0502

can leos have strokes, or anything like it?

i posted in the health and medications section last week about my girlm and she hasn't gotten any better and not any worse either. she eats and poops, but she is literally walking around like she's drunk and when she strikes for food she misses 2 or 3 times before she gets it.

she's not any type of enigma, and i've had her for a year. temps and everything are fine and stable, just like they always have been.

i toyed with the idea of her going blind, but now i don't think she is.

so, do you think a stroke or seizure is possible?

F

fikken

animals have the capacity to have many of the same and similar afflictions as a human can experience. i have heard of and seen birds have strokes, cats have heart attacks, dogs have diabetes, tortoises have respiratory infections etc so i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities for a gecko to suffer a health or stress related stroke. best thing to do is talk to a veterinarian that specialized in herps.

JordanAng420

Well, one thing that comes to mind is Gregg Madden's theory about why Enigmas act the way you are describing that your gecko is: His theory is that that particular morph doesn't process Thiamine (vitamin B1) the same way other morphs do...Thiamine is involved with cellular repair and development and especially in the brain where motor function is controlled... i'm not exactly sure how you would find out if this was the problem, or how to fix it, but its something that I just thought of

I do think it sounds like something a really good herp vet should be dealing with though.

Visit our friends