CAVE GECKOS HATCHED!!!

snakegirl

they hatched!!!! :D:D:D:D 94 DAYS Due to my lower temps, i didn't know when they would Pop. they had always looked so perfect as eggs so i didn't think anything less then "more time to cook" last night i came in and a nose was peaking out, he/she since then hatched and shed within a few hours, now the mate is now Pipped there egg and will come out soon. i have now 3 more eggs after this to hatch out. and my female is still laying more eggs :D

baby1
cavegeckoaug18.jpg

backshotcavegecko.jpg

Baby 2
number2.jpg

cryptid_hunter

Congrats on the CG's snakegirl, glad to see they hatched. I've been off the forum for quite a while but when I last spoke with you several months ago we were discussing the CG's you were breeding, so it's cool to come back and see you got some youngsters. I've just had several African Fat Tails hatch within the last few weeks myself, I need to get some photos up of them......

treeguy

Congrats! what do you consider "lower temps" i have been doing 97-101 days at 74F with the six that have hatched so far. Did you have the crested hatchlings in the same incubator as the caves? I keep all of my eggs in the same incubation tray and came home late from work to fine two cave hatchlings along with two crested hatchlings freshly hatched. Btw, If you ever bet money on a main event fight between hains and cresteds, always put your money on the caves for sure- just a wise word of advice. I am glad I got to them in time because the caves were bullying down on the cresteds something fierce! (Eggs are now in separate containers now btw)

Visit our friends