Cave Geckos

goReptiles

How do you choose what subspecies you want to work with? Just take a pick? All of them? Or just whatever comes first?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I would think it would be more of a 2 pronged approach... first which ever makes you go NEAT, then second, whichever you may have the extra supplies for.

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
The way I'm personally choosing which species to work with is coloration, pattern, and care. I would suppose it would differ from person to person upon their own opinion.

Big Red One

I think it has alot to do with which ones you can get your hands on. goni's still seem to be pretty hard to come by

Yep... I took a while to find Luii, then tracked down some others.

Still looking for some more ! :D

I have heard the japanese subspecies are a little more 'delicate' but couldn't confirm that personally.

Of mine the Luii do seem the more adventurous and slightly bolder ....

geckomaster

Truth be told they are all pretty easy to work with. The main thing is humidity as they cannot tolerate dry conditions. Other than that they are some of the easiest animals to work with, they tolerate cold and heat, need minimal space, and can be set up really cheap. The only ones that I've had any real issues with are the araneus which seem to be slower to mature, and less tolerant of change. Good luck on whichever you go with as they are definitely fun little critters to keep!

treeguy

I can second Mark. The hains i have have been a pleasure to work with and completely hassle free. I have wild caughts so I try to leave them alone as much as possible, which i think helps tremendously with their well being. I have noticed though that at night if I have just the tv on they tend to come out and are awesome to watch roam about but if any thing brighter is illuminating the room they will stay hunkered down in a hide all night. Anything you can get ahold of I am sure you will be more than happy with and good luck

robin

i totally agree with rob. do not go with what is most liked just because it is liked. go with what YOU like.

Visit our friends