Caving eggs once again

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Ok, that makes sense. Here's something else to check out: where an how are you measuring the temperature? Ideally you would have a digital thermometer probe inside the egg containers, or at least inside the tupperware container. If you have it elsewhere, there is the chance that it's actually hotter than 87 where the eggs actually are and it's too hot. That may not be it, but I'm considering everything that could possibly be a problem.

Aliza

brunerbags

Ok, that makes sense. Here's something else to check out: where an how are you measuring the temperature? Ideally you would have a digital thermometer probe inside the egg containers, or at least inside the tupperware container. If you have it elsewhere, there is the chance that it's actually hotter than 87 where the eggs actually are and it's too hot. That may not be it, but I'm considering everything that could possibly be a problem.

Aliza
I think ur right on with the temp not being accurate as its very possibly it could have been too hot on the eggs and they probably cooked :( hubby said the same thing

brunerbags

I have 1 small ink pen size hole poked in the top of each deli cup lid and literally squeezed the water out of the vermiculite and placed it in the cups

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would trust a digital thermometer with probe more than I'd trust those mercury thermometers. Also, I notice that the hygrometer (which I think is a cheap one and I wouldn't trust that accuracy either) is reading 70% and the humidity inside my egg containers are all over 80%. I don't have holes in any of my deli cups. I open them weekly briefly for air exchange.

Aliza

Visit our friends