CGD

soccerdad

Ok guys I have a question I will be getting some cresties and possibly gargoyles .... I am definately getting 2 juvenile cresties and an adult in the next couple of days .... the question is how long does the Repashy CGD last? as I don't know what size amount to buy lol:D

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Store it in the fridge. I feed each of my geckos (1 crestie and 1 garg in separate enclosures) 1/2 tsp of CGD 3x/wk and they don't usually finish it. It lasts for quite awhile. Start with maybe an 8oz package and see how far it goes.

Aliza

soccerdad

thanks Erica ive been studying hard on the care sheets and every bit of information I could find just hadnt been able to find how long the crestie food lasts I mean I dont wanna get a 1lb bag for the adult and 2 juvies and it lasting for ever and going bad, but then i dont want to get a 4oz and running out so I just wanted to know roughly how long it lasts

fl_orchidslave

A 4oz bag will last a long time feeding just a few gex. I like to pick up an extra bag at a show when it's available so it never runs close to out and waiting on the mail.

Magic Merlin

My baby cresties eat 5x more insects than CGD........I have some that would starve rather than eat it. I would suggest using a milk jug cap with the diet that is changed out every other day and drop in 5 to 10 small roaches/crickets/mealworms and keep track of the count so that you can see what gets eaten. It is also very important with babies to keep them in a relatively small container until you have confirmation of a strong appetite and then gradually increase the size of the housing......for some reason babies have a hard time finding food in a large container.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
CGD powder can last up to 6 mos in the refrig, and between 9-12 mos in the freezer. Gargs are pickier eaters than cresties are, so if you get a garg you may need to try out a couple different flavors to see which one yours likes best. We currently have all the flavors and rotate them so they get different flavor every 8-10 feedings. (But since we have a large gang of gargs, we go through it much quicker than you would with just a few.)

Regarding the amounts they can/will eat, it varies between the individual gecko. When feeding their favorite flavor we have a few 4 adults that will eat 3-4 teaspoons per feeding, 4 adults that will eat 1.5-3 teaspoons per feeding, 4 juvies that will eat .75-1.5 teaspoons per feeding, and 3 babies that will eat .25-.75 teaspoons per feeding. I have a thing for tracking every tib-bit of their life in excel (sheds, weight, length, ect...except their bowel movements, unless there is a medical need for it of course).

Blacksupra94

Are you guys pre mixing it and storing in fridge or putting the powder in? I have never stored my powder but if that's what you need to do then I guess i'll start...

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I buy in bulk and store it dry in the freezer. Mixed up it lasts only a few days in the fridge. I mix fresh every time. I feed my adult gargs and cresties 3x a week and half fill their dishes, I'd say it's about a tablespoon of mixed cgd. Some will eat all of it but most leave a little bit left over. All of my cresties and gargs get the base diet and eat it no problem. Some of my cresties will eat crickets and get them once a week instead of the diet. None of my gargs will eat bugs. The babies under 15 grams get fed 5X a week, every day and I skip two days a week. They eat a very small amount, perhaps half a teaspoon of mixed diet per feeding. After they hit 15gs they go on the adult schedule. For just a few animals, my advice would be get an 8oz pouch and store it in the freezer, should last quite a while.

Visit our friends