Changing to slate tile

Dead Dreamer

I am a very proud owner of my first leo. I am now using calci-sand calcium carbonate (the same material as coral reefs), not "Calcite". I have been told that this is much safer than most calci-sands out there because it actually does dissolve much better. However, I hate the thought of my girl getting sick or dying at my hand. About tiles, Just get a textured slate tile? And also, what is the best way to spot clean and disinfect the tile while keeping it in the terrarium?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
First off change to paper towels straight away. Anything with sand in the title to me is going to be hazardous to your gecko.
As for the tiles I would suggest shelf liner it is popular in this forum, I however use paper towls.

As for the spot cleaning, when your gecko finds a corner to poop in, place a paper towel in that corner so you only have to replace that little peice rather then a mass cleaning every time, (of course clean and disinfect the whole viv every 4-6 weeks.

Riyo

Pet Human
I use slate. Textured slate or porcelain works great and I just spot clean with a napkin or a Lysol/Chlorox wet wipe. Easy peasy.

Palor

Chaotic Nights Reptile
I prefer natural slate tiles and sandstone, easy to clean, holds heat well and looks nice. Also the geckos seem to enjoy it.

Visit our friends