Cheap, disposable cricket keeper. DIY!

S

Shortsuff410

Here are some diagrams I whipped up on how to make a cricket keeper for less than 10 cents in less than 5 minutes. It is disposable so you don't have to worry about sanitizing every time, or getting your hands covered in cricket poo. I use rolled oats, dry cat food, and carrot as the gut load. Sorry its not the most artistic thing ever.

CriketKeeper.jpg

CricketKeeper2.jpg

CricketKeeper3.jpg

And here is an example of what mine looked like when I finished it up!

Photoon2009-12-01at17302.jpg

Tell me what you guys think, and if you think this is a decent way to keep crickets!

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Looks good, should work fine for people who only use a small number of crickets. I love the cricket illustration in your diagrams. :main_laugh:

S

Shortsuff410

I only have one leo, so that amount of crickets is about all he can eat before they die off. Thanks for the compliment!

S

Shortsuff410

I haven't had any problems with moisture...and very little cricket die off. I have kept them in this set up for two weeks at a time with no problems!

Erik, thanks! I got that sweater for 5 bucks at a used close store. I showed up in Portland for my first day of school and realized I had no sweaters what-so-ever! In Portland, everyone always has at least one on, so I had to find one quick! There is nothing wrong with some argyle! My geck loves to climb on that sweater.

Visit our friends