Cheap, Good cameras for herp photography

Byrns149

Hey guys, I am really low on money but my birthday is coming up. I am young and i really wanna get into herp photography. I have played around with my moms Canon 35mm Film Camera and have taken many photos of my ball pythons and leopard geckos. This camera recently broke of old age. I wanted To get a good, yet cheap camera for reptiles. I want something that wont take blurry pictures. I am looking for a 200-350 dollar. range. i know this isnt going to get me anywhere. i have been looking at the nikon coolpix. thanks for all the help. i know i probably wont be able to get a camera for this ammount.

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
I use a PowerShot A590 IS. It is 8.0 mega pixels. You can get the for less then $100 in some places...

Here is a picture.
Leopardgeckos678-1.jpg

You can also get great macro shots with it.
eyeshot.jpg

With the proper lighting, light box and, photo editing. You can get pictures like that.

J.

Last edited:

robin

a good digital slr to start off with is the canon 350d and the nikon d40. both are a bit more that what you are looking for but for an slr these are good starters

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
i might go with the powershot it looks like a great camera for the price. also does it have a mode for macro?

Yup. All the photos that I have posted on his forum where taken on macro mode. If you do decide to get it I will be more then happy to help you get the right camera settings, editing, lighting ect.

J.

Visit our friends