Cheap upgrades?

madisondouglas

I've had my leo for a few months now and recently have been wanting to upgrade his enclosure. I tried moving his hides around but he poos right on top of his moist hide and the rock doesn't fit perfectly next to it. I don't have the money to upgrade his tank to a 25 or 30 (it's 20 now). I was wondering if there's anything I could get for cheap to give him more things to explore?

thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• 03584306-D7C0-4E0C-90F5-BF95146669C8.jpeg
    03584306-D7C0-4E0C-90F5-BF95146669C8.jpeg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 7

Books

There are YouTube videos out there of ppl customizing their tanks for cheap; I’d look into those. I recently followed one that used styrofoam to make levels so your gecko can explore more in a cage that has some height like yours. You basically cut styrofoam into the shapes you want, assemble, cover with a sanded grout, then seal it with polyurethane. If you’re in the USA you can get a huge pack of styrofoam for $10 at Home Depot under DIY Insulation foam. The grout I found there was $15 but if you got a smaller amount it would be less. Hope this maybe helps :)

madisondouglas

There are YouTube videos out there of ppl customizing their tanks for cheap; I’d look into those. I recently followed one that used styrofoam to make levels so your gecko can explore more in a cage that has some height like yours. You basically cut styrofoam into the shapes you want, assemble, cover with a sanded grout, then seal it with polyurethane. If you’re in the USA you can get a huge pack of styrofoam for $10 at Home Depot under DIY Insulation foam. The grout I found there was $15 but if you got a smaller amount it would be less. Hope this maybe helps :)

thank you - this does help a lot!! I will definitely look into it :)

Visit our friends