Chinese Leopard Geckos

L

ludothegreat

I'm looking for someone that breeds Chinese leopard geckos, but am having no luck other than wholesalers like reptiledepot and others. I'd like to buy from a private breeder with a good rep. Does anyone know where to find them?

L

ludothegreat

Yeah is the only other place I seem to be able to find them as well. $49 isn't a bad price, but I have heard a lot of horror stories about buying live animals from them.

What are your guys opinions about it?

robin

ludothegreat said:
I'm looking for someone that breeds Chinese leopard geckos, but am having no luck other than wholesalers like reptiledepot and others. I'd like to buy from a private breeder with a good rep. Does anyone know where to find them?

there are breeders of them out there. i can't think of any off hand but be wary of imports and "LTC" animals.
check out the forums over at geckos unlimted in the forums http://www.geckosunlimited.com/forum/index.php. you might be able to post a wanted add. heck nathan (the owner of the site) might even breed them. i am not for sure
. if he doesnt he prolly knows someone that does :yes:
but CB are the way to go with them. they are also known as cave geckos

G

Gecko

I might be forced to sell some hainanensis later in winter simply because of the shear number of eggs I might have. Trades for unrelated ones will be my first priority though. Probably won't part will luii though unless I get all males or females . . .

If anyone has cb from this year they might start appearing in another month or so. My first eggs from may still haven't hatched.

G

Gecko

trizzypballr said:
any advice on how to tell hainanensis and G. Luii apart?

They look totally different. One has a shorter more built body and one has a longer lankier body and arms (luii) and is much bigger usually.

The easy way though is to count the bands in between the arms and legs. The first one has two while the other has three. Bands can be broken or even "spots" though rarely.

G

Gecko

Very young G. luii and G araneus look the same. Otherwise no.

Visit our friends