chirp chirp chirp chirp

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
All I can hear is crickets over here in fat tail land. Doesn't anyone have any new ones or have something to say about these awesome geckos??:main_huh:

These things are gonna explode soon, I can't wait.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Well, here's something interesting about fat tails. I start my hatchlings out in racks and find that they get really light --lemon yellow and brown bands, with the color at the base of the tail and the head actually leaching out so they're almost translucent. I find that when I transfer them to display cages where there's more light and less humidity they get darker, though in general my fat tails (now from 2 different males and 3 different females) tend to stay light.

Aliza

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I agree with Aliza's findings. I too notice that the fat tails we keep in racks tend to be much lighter than others that we do not. I'm curious to know if there is a biological or evolutionary reason behind it.

thinlizzy

When I first saw the thread title, I thought I was at one of my bird watching sites!

lol

I don't have a new one but I'll agree about how awesome geckos are.

Be well

thinlizzy

Coolishness

I'm going to put fresh batteries in my remote control to assure I won't miss the proper channel! And while I'm at it, I might break out the popcorn machine.

:main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

cherishedtiger

Nope! Not asleep, I am here wide awake and ready to go... of course I am the newbie of the group...
Aliza I love your babies!! They are so adorable! How much! :main_laugh:
Cant wait until the next reptile show to pick up a couple more... at least its in Jan... so that way I can save up some $$ :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Nope! Not asleep, I am here wide awake and ready to go... of course I am the newbie of the group...
Aliza I love your babies!! They are so adorable! How much! :main_laugh:
Cant wait until the next reptile show to pick up a couple more... at least its in Jan... so that way I can save up some $$ :)
Thanks. Babies are all sold but one and are $40 for het amel and $60 for amel. Looking forward to next season already.

Aliza

Desdemona

There is a dark colored one.. black/grey/brownish? I don't know their morphs, in the Petco (which has a surprisingly impressive reptile setup) near me. I think the same one has been there for a few months. I will admit I've been tempted. I don't have a cage for him/her at the moment though so the temptation has not been that pressing.

Russellm0704

I believe the forums as a whole is chirp chirp chirp chirp. The fat tail section is just completely dead, and even all of the Leo forums are very very slow. Back in the summer I remember there being 20 times for activity, new pics every day, I don't know just a lot more fun. Anyone else feel the same?

Desdemona

I have been a little on and off the board myself so I don't really have much comparison. I was on here when I first got my Leo but phased out as I got busy... then got new Leos and came back, hehe. However, when I'm bored at work and want to talk Leo I am sad when there is nothing to respond too!

Visit our friends