Chronic Migraines - anyone had them?

GeckoCrossing

I've been experiencing chronic migraines for over a year now. When I say chronic, I mean every single day and on a pain scale of 1-10 almost always an 8-10. I've seen 3 neurologists who have riddled me with all kinds of preventative drugs to stop them in the first place, aborting drugs to stop them when they start. I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty for a very badly deviated septum that may have been the cause... but wasn't.
Right now I'm on a BOTOX treatment that is supposed to be the last resort for chronic migraine sufferers. I had my second set of 30 shots on 15th August. The second treatment is supposed to be the one with the best results according to the research and results. So far it hasn't helped at all.
I'm posting all this because I want to see if anyone else has suffered from chronic migraines. If so, what helped? I'm at my last resorts. Going to try a chiropractor, acupuncture, and if those don't work, surgery on my jaw to fix a level 3 overbite which may be causing it by bones grinding against each other.

It may seem weird to be posting this on a Gecko Forum but I've found that real people, especially reptile owners, seem to have a broad range of knowledge in a lot of different things.

Any help, input, or anything would be greatly appreciated!

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
That sounds terrible. Have you tried oxygen theropy? I know that some people with terrible head aches, feel relief after taking deep breaths from an oxygen machine.

Ellie_A

I don't get chronic migraines but get them once in a while, I found that adding a humidifier to my house helped. Also, I really feel for you and wish you the best of luck in finding a solution.

I know that when I go to a chiropractor (for back pain never mingraines) I usually leave with a headache so I would recommend trying a few visits before writing it off an unsuccessful.

marauderhex

Avoiding certain foods like Twizzlers and red wine can help, as can taking a Riboflavin (B2) supplement.

GeckoCrossing

Thanks for the input. I've been taking a Super B Complex and Multivitamin everyday because my neurologist thought it could help, but so far no luck after 2 months. I've tried cutting out all dairy products, all caffeine, all MSG and some other at different times and none worked. The no caffeine made it 10 times worse, because i usually drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day. Love me some java! lol.

When I go to the chiropractor I'll make sure to stick with it for at least a few visits :)

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Have you tried eating a vegan or "raw" diet for a few weeks and see if that helps? Then slowly adding in other foods to rule them out?
Or at least cut out all meat to see if that helps. I know some people cannot tolerate the hormones/antibiotics or the high nitrates in meat. I had a friend with Lupus who felt a lot better after going vegan.

I have IC and a lot of my symptoms are caused by what I eat.

Last edited:

Visit our friends