Common or some other morph?

Redeyedjedi88

Hello guys, I am new to owning Leo's, owned an AFT for 12 years. Anywho my Leo dosn't quite look like the common ones I see at the large chain pet shops. Just curious if he is a common one or if he has a color morph?

Attachments

• 0221211640a_HDR.jpg
    0221211640a_HDR.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 0221211640.jpg
    0221211640.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 0221211522.jpg
    0221211522.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Nice looking gecko! Notice that the lines of spots run from shoulder down the tail along the length of the body as opposed to having side-to-side clumps of spots. This would then be a "stripe" morph. The gecko probably hatched with black markings running its length instead of the black bands that usually occur.

Aliza

Redeyedjedi88

That might be why he was dropped off at my local herp shop. Lost his stripes so they got rid of him... Hope that is not the case but you never know with people now. Thank you for the info, I thought he was unique and he has a super sweet disposition. Picked him over this giant male albino they had for sale. Now he just needs a name....

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
High yellow essentially refers to a gecko that has few enough spots so you can really see the yellow, but not fewer than 10 spots which would make it a hypo, so go ahead and call it high yellow as well.

Aliza

Visit our friends