Concerned about the size of my gecko

Northernlights

I have an approx 6yr old female gecko named Eva. I am getting concerned about her size. She seems very large and fat and has been this way for a while. I have switched to mainly crickets so she chases them in her 55 gal and she has only gotten bigger. She is very hungry every other day, so cutting her meals down are out. She is still very quick and agile, no belly dragging. She does get vitamins and proper lighting etc. She lives with out 10yr old albino gecko who is perfect size and muscular. I'm starting to wonder if she is a giant gecko, and if she is would that explain why they haven't even attempted to breed in the 2 yrs they have been together?
Thanks!

getkos

i would suggest buying a scale to keep track of her weight. adults don't really need to be fed as often as young leopard geckos do they are opportunists they will eat any chance they get until they are full or about to shed. leopard geckos uses its tail to store food and use it when its not getting fed like during breeding season as long as her tail doesn't get skinnier then the base she will be fine with cutting down on feeding a bit if you think she is over weight. about the male are you sure its not female? there are many pics in the breeding section to help you sex them.

Visit our friends