Containers and sizes

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
What size sterlite containers do you keep your leos in? From hatchlings to adults.

I think i'm finally gonna take the plunge and switch to a rack, these vivs are just taking up too much space.

OH! And before i forget does any one know where i could perhaps locally buy some heat tape?

R

Russ S

GeckoStud said:
OH! And before i forget does any one know where i could perhaps locally buy some heat tape?
That would all depend on what part of the earth you live on.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I use the following Sterilites for my leos:

#1752 Shoebox
#1754 Sweater Box
#1756 Blanket Box

Are you looking for heat tape at a walk-in retail location?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
If some could be found somewhere like Lowes or Home Depot or something yeah, if not could i perhaps have a Link to a good website?

N

NewportGeckos

The 6 qt, 12/15 qt, and the 28/32 qt sterilites can all be found at target or walmart and hold up really well. The size of tub really depends on the gecko, but the 28/32 qts are great for breeding tubs. Some geckos do better in 6qts than the 12 or 15. The smaller space can help the gecko feel safe, and some geckos who stop eating in 12/15 qts can be moved to a 6 qt and eat right away!

Heres a link :) http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=38

And as far as the heat tape, it is far easier and cheaper to order online. It is very hard to come by flexwatt in person and it is usually overpriced. MG Reptiles would be an excellent choice, and the quality and customer service is top notch. All you have to do is ask Matt your question and he will tell you what works best and what to do.

With your rack, will you be making it yourself? If so, out of what material? Melamine is a good choice if you are willing to spend the money, and it holds up very well. You'll also need to decide if you want to use the lids on your tubs or not. I personally think it is easier not to. If you need any help just ask, and don't forget to buy foil tape to hold down the flexwatt!

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
My grandfather will be making it, wood i believe... its a hobby of his, so i figured why not a free rack right?

Thanks for the info on the flexwatt, and the tubs.

I was think about whether or not to use lids or not, considering it will probably be made out of wood of some form do you think i should?

N

NewportGeckos

It really depends on the type of wood. Some woods may retain smell if you don't use a lid of some kind.

Visit our friends