Coping with a Loss

Spots

I am having a hard time.
Spots was sick for a while (maybe even since I got her, she had a lot of weird behaviours that I've seeked help with) and some may have heard and she slowly passed away in September. It has been 2ish months and I still cry a lot about her passing. I never expected her to pass so it was hard after all the pointless vet visits that did not lead to any results. I had her cremated so she's still techically with me. But now I have two other babies and as much as I love them, I don't think I can ever love them as much as I love Spots. I just kick myself a lot because I will never know what caused her death and if it could have been avoided. I just don't know what to do anymore. I just want to let it go but I just can't
:(

I don't really know what I want out of this forum...many any suggestions or comfort? gah.

Psychotic4mb3r

Psychotic Gecko's
Im really sorry about your loss.. You did what you could for the little one but if it was ment to be, it was ment to be you know? I know you miss her dearly, but shes ok now. She will always have a special place in your heart and im sure you had a special place in hers. Its very sad, but try to cherish the memories you had with her. It may always hurt but you two will meet again

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
It is very sad when you lose a pet esp. one that impacts your life the way Spots did and when you don't have an answer as to why they died. You never let go, you never forget, but ally ou can do is live your life with the new ones as best you can to honor her memory. You'll come to love them as much as you did Spots, but it takes time as I'm sure every time you look at them you think of her. It will get easier then one day it will just click, like some one flipped a light switch and the love will be there, deep and true.

Joeysmummy

I just want you to know I completely understand your pain,Leopard Geckos to me are a gift from God. Know that Spots loves you and it was only the fact it was her time on this earth to leave you and be with you in spirit,she does not blame you for anything,she is always with you in spirit,just close your eyes ask for her to sit on your hand if you open your senses enough,you may feel a light cool feeling on your hand,like a breeze,I have been blessed to feel the spirit of my Leopard Gecko Joey with me since she passed over,I felt her lick my nose lastnight,because i was crying in bed again!,it hurts bad,i know,and i have days i cant cope at all,I gave her a memorial here,I called it In memory of my Angel, because she is my angel,im a very spiritual person,and have been blessed some amazing experiences,the parting of a loved one is a lot harder on us, than it is on them,but know they are happy they are out of pain and in a wonderful place,which they have to get used to and understand so many things beyond what we know here.Spots will always be with you in your heart in your memories and in spirit,know one day you will see her again,I understand what its like to have other animals and have to try and get on with things,I have other Leopard Geckos and cats and a dog and a parrot and a fishtank,and its a lot to deal with,i can truly relate its not easy for you seeing your other leopard geckos faces and feeling they can never make you feel how Spots did,I know I will never love anyone more than I love Joey.
I am truly grateful I was comforted on here and I continue to be comforted by my friends and family,it never leaves you but time they say is a great healer.
I think your a very brave strong person to have coped with the cremation of Spots,the fact is since Oct 12 this year my baby is still in our freezer at home,I cant even eat anything out of there,but I know I have to deal with cremating her,I absolutely barely feel I can cope, but I have to!,I am trying to find a cremation place for her and someone who can custom make me a locket, this is not as easy as it sounds, but that is my wish for her.
I hope I can give you some comfort and send you love and healing,I am on Skype if you ever want to talk?,thats where my friends have been comforting me,honestly talking in voice,not video,helps because theres days im too down to even type!.

Know that Spots loves you,and she lives on in another realm,Rainbow Bridge
Such beautiful understanding souls on this forum
God Bless You All xoxo

Visit our friends