Could somebody tell what it is(burp, cough, vomit)?

slav399

Somewhere about 1.5 month ago I've noticed strange behavior of my gecko.
Here is the video (unfortunately i don't have better video for now):

Vet said that lungs are clear and it's probably something with "stomach" and suggested giving some medicine against vomiting and to improve
digestion. Also parasites (not Cryptosporidiosis) has been found in the poop and medicine applied two weeks before this video captured. In general gecko looks healthy, active and eats ok.

Such attacks usually happens on third or forth day after feeding. Sometimes we can see sprays(of some liquid) on the glass after attack. He could do up to 10 "burps" in the row. During trip to the vet (by car) gecko vomited 2 times :(

Current diet is 6-8 medium sized crickets every 5 days. His weight is 115 grams (4.05651 oz). He is not fat, he just little bigger than usual. Temperature is ok, in the hot spot it is 30-32 Celsius, also he has rock and separate shelter where he can warm up his belly.

So, does anyone faced something similar?

Thanks!

P.S. it seems like he has problems with pooping because it becomes not on a "regular schedule". Could parasites cause the impaction of some sort?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Based on what you say, it seems that the parasites have been treated and the treatment is complete? I honestly have no idea. One thing to try (and this is just brainstorming, not really a considered plan) would be to feed 2-3 crickets every 3 days (I feed my leopard geckos twice a week). Another possibility is to explore varying feeders including super worms, mealworms, dubia roaches, silkworms, hornworms. Keep us posted.

Aliza

Visit our friends