Crested gecko help!

mclark35

Hello,
I bought 2 crested geckos yesterday. First I would like some help on IDing the morphs. Also, I would maybe like some guesses on ages? And last, I was told that the spotted one was a female and the other one a male...but it looks like the spotted one has a little bulge, not as big as the other one, but it is there. Please help!

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
It is kinda hard to tell in the photos, but your red bi-color with a few dal spots could very well be a girl. Some girls have a little puffiness, but nothing compared to a male's bulge. It is easier to tell (for adults, sub-adults and some juvies) when they are laying on a flat surface...males you will be able to see a well defined bulge, while girls have a kinda flattened puffy area. Some males when you look straight down over them, their bulge may be visibly sticking out on either side of the tail.

Re: your male's morph, it is kinda hard to tell in the photo, can you get a clearer side shot of him?

mclark35

I am going to post more pictures tonight. I am going to try to hold them so the light won't be reflecting off of the glass. Thanks for the help so far! I will post more tonight!

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
the first one looks like a flame, the second looks like a bi-colour dalmation.

Im going to go along with Lee on this one, and say first one looks like a flame, and the second, a bicolor with some dalmation spots (would not go as far as calling her a dalmation though...she doesnt have enough spots to qualify). I think I see a bulge on the flame, so I'd say male, if you can get a clearer shot of the second one, that would be great!

On a side note...do you have any plants and branches/ vines in there? Are they housed together?

Last edited:

mclark35

I have a bamboo stick and a little plant in there for them..they also have some hides..
Here are more pictures..let me know if this helps!

Visit our friends