crested personality

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
so tell me,

how is the crested personality? my favoritist gecko was a flyging gecko, but he was not very down for being handled. in fact he hated it. but he looked cool, and he was always running around, and i got to see some cool acrobatics when he went after crickets.

how about crestys? are they friendly? whats their personality like? are they also acrobats?

W

WftRight

Crestie personalities are highly variable from what I've heard.

My own little girl doesn't mind being held too much once she gets used to it, but she's always squirmy for the first five minutes. She's never so accustomed to being held that she can just sit on my shoulder. I have to keep my hands on her most of the time. Because they can jump so far and are so quick to jump in any situation, one must be careful with them. In spite of these drawbacks, my girl still has a sweet personality. She can't figure out what I'm all about, but she's not aggressive at all. She just looks at me and wonders.

I've heard that others have cresties that seem to like handling. My girl has never really liked baby food, but for those whose cresties like baby food, they'll eat from their owners hands. If you give her baby food treat when you hold her and only then, you might be able to train her to jump onto your shirt when you open the cage.

My girl isn't all that active, but I can find her at all places in her cage. If I put some new accessory in her cage, she'll eventually use it. She's an enthusiastic hunter of crickets. I can put one or two in the cage and hear her bouncing around after them for some time.

Bill

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I found young cresties to be very jumpy, while subadults are hyper but ok, and adults are super calm. I don't know if this was just them getting used to me or general behavior, but that's my experience.

I

Ianx

My crested was really jumpy when he was around a month or so. now at almost 5 months, he still jumps but nothing like when he was a baby he will more likely use my arms as a race track haha.

BalloonzForU

Of my three adults only one is laid back, I don't think the other two were ever handled a lot. I work with my little ones as much as I can to calm them down. They don't seem as bad as some small ones I've seen. The two that I hatched are pretty calm for hatchlings, but are quick at times.

N

nygeckoqn

I think I must have been Lucky the one I got from the petstore is really nice and calm and the one I got from Repashy is also really calm both are just under 10 grams. Then I have the little one I got from Andrew Gilpin...not nearly as crazy as I though it would be being so small. 2.5 grams. But very jumpy anyway. But I can see that one will calm down too as it gets older.
Robin

Visit our friends