Crestie Acting Weird

Micherie

I have some concerns.... please help :)

1. Anyone ever see this burrowing behavior? Photo shows vivarium climate at that time and on average... there are no digital gauges in my local pet stores. Will have to get one online. But it must be close, right?

2. Will a Crestie know well enough not to try to eat a cricket that's too big for her? I think her last round of crickets might have been too big for her.

3. How much night time activity is normal? Mine doesn't do much at night other than come out of hiding. If there are crickets in the vivarium, she goes after them.... slowly. IMAG1831.png IMAG1829.png

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes they do burrow, especially if there's not enough humidity. Are you misting every night? Some of them move fast and some aren't so fast. Either is normal.

Aliza

Micherie

Sometimes they do burrow, especially if there's not enough humidity. Are you misting every night? Some of them move fast and some aren't so fast. Either is normal.

Aliza
Hi Aliza :) Thank you for helping me <3

I don't spray every night because the average humidity here is around 78% and the gauge is almost always over 80%. I do it about once or twice a week. I tried finding those digital gauges in the area but there are none. Gonna get one off amazon soon.

Micherie

Hi Aliza :) Thank you for helping me <3

I don't spray every night because the average humidity here is around 78% and the gauge is almost always over 80%. I do it about once or twice a week. I tried finding those digital gauges in the area but there are none. Gonna get one off amazon soon.
What do you think about the crickets? It seems like a full grown cricket is as long as her head is wide and that just seems too big to me....

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think the digital gauges will be more accurate. If you're worried about cricket size you could always get smaller ones. I've fed fairly small gargoyles and cresties full sized crickets with no problem. Some cresties don't really get it that crickets are good to eat. You may have to hold him (if he lets you) and gently poke a cricket at the mouth. Most juveniles will bite at whatever is poking them in the mouth and may then eat it.

Aliza

Micherie

I think the digital gauges will be more accurate. If you're worried about cricket size you could always get smaller ones. I've fed fairly small gargoyles and cresties full sized crickets with no problem. Some cresties don't really get it that crickets are good to eat. You may have to hold him (if he lets you) and gently poke a cricket at the mouth. Most juveniles will bite at whatever is poking them in the mouth and may then eat it.

Aliza
Oh, she eats them. I'm just worried that she will choke or it will somehow harm her system. Thanks so much for the advice!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If she eats them and she's still OK, you're probably fine. I was giving fairly full-sized crickets to my hatchling cresties and gargs after the first few weeks.

Aliza

Visit our friends