cuttlebone as a calcium supplement

GexPex

I wouldn't think they would be able to bite from it...It's best to use a fine powder that goes on the insects that they already eat. I recommend Repashy leopard gecko calcium plus or one multivitamin powder and one calcium with vitamin d3. You should also put a small bottlecap of pure calcium (no vitamin d3) powder in the cage so that they can lap it up. I don't see a gecko biting on a cuttlebone to get the calcium they need.

yats08

I wouldn't think they would be able to bite from it...It's best to use a fine powder that goes on the insects that they already eat. I recommend Repashy leopard gecko calcium plus or one multivitamin powder and one calcium with vitamin d3. You should also put a small bottlecap of pure calcium (no vitamin d3) powder in the cage so that they can lap it up. I don't see a gecko biting on a cuttlebone to get the calcium they need.

i scrape the cuttlebone with my hobby knife., i have a fine powder from that cuttlebone., the breeder whom i bought my LG tells me that i can use that as a temporary calcium supplement.,

indyana

Yes, you can use ground cuttlebone as a temporary calcium supplement, but note that it is only calcium and does not contain any of the other vitamins/minerals needed by a gecko. I think most people would agree that it is easier to buy pure calcium power made for reptiles though.

Edit: An older thread with more detailed info:
http://geckoforums.net/f129-supplementation/51286.htm

Last edited:

Visit our friends