Daisy

Eavlynn

I introduced my other girls in another thread, but would like to introduce my little Daisy here. She was brought in to the reptile breeder that I work with, and was so thin that she resembled a walking stick more than a gecko, and could hardly move on her own. After months of care, she's come a long way, but still struggles. She has a difficult time lifting her body off of the ground, and her movements are sloppy, but she does alright. I'm assuming she's suffering something along the lines of metabolic bone disease due to the malnutrition and neglect, but I'm hopeful that she will improve. She has access to everything she needs to be healthy and have the life she's always deserved.

My little Daisy
9ba2c30ee1b16ad7fa060594dbdee48c.jpg

b0ef1151d8b12f1ac2f2fc46acf84dc9.jpg

DiAmoroso

So you have a Co worker who breeds animals but doesn't care for them? That sucks, but I suppose not uncommon. Good job getting her right though, she looks like she'll be fine!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

This girl was dropped off by some random dude. The breeder I work with put a good deal of weight on her, despite her currently thin appearance. We get quite a few rescues, which usually end up coming home with me haha. I wish I had a photo of when she first came to us. I didn't think she would pull through. She has made leaps and bounds. Finally put on enough weight to shed and with a warm soak and a little assistance, she has no retained skin. I wish she would eat a little more than she does, but I'm sure her appetite will pick up soon.

She definitely has MBD. I have BSFL'S, but are those a good feeder insect for leos? I have them for my beardies, but if they can boost her calcium levels, I'll give them to her as well.

Visit our friends