Dalmatian morph??!?!?!

Just1MoreBro

I bought me a common crested gecko from petco a few months ago. He was a light cream color and now he's a dark orange with white on his tail. Now I see lots of black dots appearing all over his body. Would this make him a Dalmatian morph? Or would he still be considered a common crested gecko?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think there's really any such thing as a common crested gecko. The spots do indicate Dalmatian. Did you get him as a juvenile? They do change from the way the look when they hatch. Also, as you may know, crested geckos look paler and more pastel when they're "fired down", for instance when they're asleep, but when they get active they get brighter.

Aliza

Just1MoreBro

I don't think there's really any such thing as a common crested gecko. The spots do indicate Dalmatian. Did you get him as a juvenile? They do change from the way the look when they hatch. Also, as you may know, crested geckos look paler and more pastel when they're "fired down", for instance when they're asleep, but when they get active they get brighter.

Aliza
I got him has a baby I think. He was about 3-4in long. He's my first gecko and I'm still learning about them.

Visit our friends