Dark Leo..

Misstasha

Okay, so I've had a leo for the past two years, when I first got her she was decently bright yellow (but definitely not a 'pretty ' SHTCT) Over the years shes gotten darker, I've done everything to make sure her tank is the perfect temperatures. The problem is, shes never on the hot side of the tank.. Maybe 3 times a week she'll go on that side..

Is there anyway to get her color back?! I remember reading something from Ron Tremper talking about the temperature changes the color..

It's not a big deal, if she stays darker I'll still love her lol Jus curious if theres anything i can do.

Olimpia

La Española
I have the same problem with my SHTCT, he will be super bright and beautiful one day, and then dull and "ugly" the next two weeks. And it stinks when I want to show him off, because I always have to say something like, Seriously, he's much brighter than this!

It does help when they're in their warm side, but there's not much you can do to force them to stay there. So yep, I have zero advise for you lol but I'd be curious to see what someone else suggests.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Are you guys providing humid hides within the first year???

I was advised against this by a breeder and friend here for the SHTCTB that I got from him.
And it has worked.
My joplin, though she looks kind of icky now because she's been laying eggs, is still a light orange.

robin

also, generally as leopard gecko change they GENERALLY darken or gain spots etc. i am sure mood, weather and such can play a factor too.

Olimpia

La Española
It's not like mine has matured into a dark color, it's just it changes back and forth in intensity. But it's not a shed. He will be as bright as my sunglow (the one in my avatar) for a few days, and then go into a dull orange/brownish for a week or two. And back and forth... it's peculiar. And I don't see it follow any sort of pattern lol it's a mystery!

Misstasha

mine dont have spots and i have a huge tank with two hides that are ALWAYS humid - i spray them either every day or every second day depending on how moist they are!! IT's weird she jus dont want to be on the warm side.. I have two UTH the biggest ones I was able to find, and she prefers not to go there lol I've checked the temperature and its perfect my other females in the tank are fine its just the one SHTCT and i got two of them in that tank!!

Visit our friends