Day 52 @ 81F for my oldest egg.....grrrrr.....lol

tb144050

Just wanted to vent my anxiety....so "grrrrrrrrrrrr...." I am trying to stay busy with other things, and I DEFINITELY do not want a premature hatch, but I hope it is soon....lol

(yes I know that I could slowly increase temps after 3 weeks, but I chose not to because I didn't have other incubators set up yet)...

stager

I used to incubate at 83 to 84 and eggs usually took 53 days so dont stress. I would turn it up though cold incubation hinders color

staceyleigh

I think from what I have read on here and other books, it usually takes closer to 60 days for 81 degrees. My 2 1st eggs were incubated at 88-89 and they took 48 & 49 days. I feel your frustration though, waiting is so....hard! Good luck, looking forward to seeing pics!

bo123

my first egg hatched after 35 days at 88-90degrees and even that long was torture. waiting on the females is so hard.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I am fortunately way too busy to stress about when the eggs are going to hatch (not that I don't check a million times a day when I'm home and someone is due . . . like tonight) . . . OK, just back from checking again. No, not yet.

I'm incubating at 83 and here are my number of days till hatch for the first 8:

55 and 56 (clutchmates)
44 and 44 (clutchmates; don't know what happened here)
57 (single egg)
56 and 57 (clutchmates)
55 (still waiting on the clutch mate who is on day 57)

Aliza

tb144050

44 and 44 (clutchmates; don't know what happened here)
Aliza

I am going to bet that these 2 eggs were carried atleast a few days longer. Momma belly is probably 85-90F most of the time, so it probably develops inside the egg faster because of the warmer belly temps (exponentially)??

for example: a mother that carries for 20 days probably has a 5 day advantage over a mother that carried for 15 days.........and then factor that those 5 days were spent at 85-90F...?? :D

tb144050

I incubated at 81 last season and most of mine hatched around 60-65 days. Good luck!

I want to install a Door-Bell on the deli-cup and ring it until someone answers....hehe.

Day 55...tick tock tick tock tick tock....grrrrr....

I have my second cup of eggs bumped up to 85F (after setting the sex for all eggs). :D

tb144050

FINALLY!!! I have my first baby on Day 56!!! :D

Neither parent was hypo or superhypo....so I guess the spots will show up later? ;)
100_0838_May21_2014_g17_hatched_today_withhighlights_withdetails.jpg

tb144050

If you're lucky the spots won't show up at all, which is as it should be.
Aliza

Please tell me what you mean? As in, "patternless-stripe" or do you mean that "albino's have faded spotting"? If spotting shows up, I know it will be faded because they are Tremper albino's......I am just unsure what you mean "spots wont show up at all, which is as it should be." :)

DrCarrotTail

The eclipse gene was originally created by breeding stripes to reverse stripes. These two line bred "patterns" cancel each other out and create what's referred to as the "patternless-stripe" (the P in Raptor). Sometimes orange spots show up but they're not really the same as the spots on a normal colored gecko. They're more like highlights.

tb144050

The eclipse gene was originally created by breeding stripes to reverse stripes. These two line bred "patterns" cancel each other out and create what's referred to as the "patternless-stripe" (the P in Raptor). Sometimes orange spots show up but they're not really the same as the spots on a normal colored gecko. They're more like highlights.

I knew "all about" the "patternless-stripe", but I didn't know the "orange highlights" are random on/off.... Do the "orange highlights" tend to act like a linebred trait (to get fewer "highlights")? Thanks!!

tb144050

Update, for anyone who is comparing "incubation time x temp":

At 81.3F for the entire duration:

Day 56 ....... + ......molded around Day 20 (clutchmates)
Day 58 ....... + ......Day 59 (clutchmates)

Visit our friends