Death of Athena

Geckomaster743

Today has been sad. As I was turning on the lizard lights in the morning I saw Athena sitting in an odd position. She was doing fine the night before after receiving her fluker's Repta - Aid feeding because of her lack of energy to eat on her own and the small amounts of fat in her tail. I picked her up, and she was huffing and puffing being barley able to breath and open her eyes. I tried to get liquid in to her but she kept trying to throw it up and spit it out. I found and called a Vet but it was too late. While we were taking her in the car she passed away. When I got back from school I wanted to make sure she was really dead and I found a green spot on her stomach. She was hard and you could tell she had died. So yeah. Poor Athena :c It was so un - expected.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
This is such awful awful news. I'm very sorry to hear this but it sounds like you absolutely did everything in your power to save Athena. Sometimes these things are just beyond our control.
I'm sorry! :( :( :(

Geckomaster743

This is such awful awful news. I'm very sorry to hear this but it sounds like you absolutely did everything in your power to save Athena. Sometimes these things are just beyond our control.
I'm sorry! :( :( :(
Thanks Josh. I really I wish I knew before. My mom was ready to take me to the Vet, and ugh. I knew she wasn't doing good but she wasn't this bad. Within one night she lost control of her Legs, Eye's, Breathing , and basically all movement but head tilts. Just wish I could have done more.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you did all that you were able to do. You have to learn and move on. In honor of Athena!

Visit our friends