Deep Heat Projector

Hi I am so sorry about all the questions but I just decided I might go from using the thrive 50 watt basking bulb and lamp to using a 50 watt deep heat projector but the only places I can get it are PetSmart, dubia roaches and a bunch of other websites I have never heard of. So what should I do? I am still doing research on deep heat projectors.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're seeing ads for the same brand of deep heat projector, get it at the place where it's cheapest (be sure to figure in shipping cost for the online stores). You could also google reviews of the brand(s) you're finding.
'
Aliza

If you're seeing ads for the same brand of deep heat projector, get it at the place where it's cheapest (be sure to figure in shipping cost for the online stores). You could also google reviews of the brand(s) you're finding.
'
Aliza
Thank you I did find a place to get one I just don't have a dimming thermostat to go with it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
what exactly do you mean by dimming thermostat? I think there are 3 options:
a. regular thermostat which will turn off the light when it gets too hot (depending on what you set the thermostat for) and turn the light back on when it gets too cold
b. proportional thermostat (this may be what you mean) which will gradually lower or raise the amount of power the light puts out depending on the setting
c. lamp dimmer (which you can get at a home improvement store) which is not a thermostat at all, but where you can set the light to a setting less than full power, depending on how far up you turn the dimmer. The power output won't change because this is not a thermostat.

Feel free to ask if this isn't clear,

Aliza

what exactly do you mean by dimming thermostat? I think there are 3 options:
a. regular thermostat which will turn off the light when it gets too hot (depending on what you set the thermostat for) and turn the light back on when it gets too cold
b. proportional thermostat (this may be what you mean) which will gradually lower or raise the amount of power the light puts out depending on the setting
c. lamp dimmer (which you can get at a home improvement store) which is not a thermostat at all, but where you can set the light to a setting less than full power, depending on how far up you turn the dimmer. The power output won't change because this is not a thermostat.

Feel free to ask if this isn't clear,

Aliza
Hi I was just told you need a dimming thermostat because that works best which basically when it gets to the desired temperature you set it shuts off or something. Their is one but it's only in the UK and another one I found is like $100.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Every thermostat shuts off when the temp gets above the number you set and turns on when it gets below the number you set. That's what a thermostat is. The ones that run $100 are the proportional thermostats. The ones I've been using for over 20 years used to be made by ESU and are currently made by Zilla. Here's one sold in the UK and made by Zilla that's a little different from what I have but more reasonably priced than what you've found.

Aliza

Visit our friends