"Depression loses it's power when fresh vision pierces the darkness."

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Theres been alot of chaos circling us, threatening the very existance of the reptile center we have been working so diligently to create.

A few choice individuals in our new neighborhood have taken it upon themselves to continuously report us to government agencies for no other reason than that we have reptiles. Our property managers know about the reptiles. Iredell County Animal Control has found us to be legal in all respects, as has NC Fish & Wildlife. When nothing else was getting results, the latest complaint landed in the laps of Town Hall's Zoning & Planning Department.

After rising above all the other investigations and inspections, this phone call made me physically sick and sent me spiraling into a dark depression. I live daily with arthritis, MS and a heart condition and recently was diagnosed with Stage 2 Ovarian cancer. My family and my animals are my whole life. This felt like it was the killing blow.

Within minutes of changing the front page of the website announcing our defeat, the emails and phone calls started pouring in. Family, friends and complete strangers were right there, at the ready, with encouragement and support. It started to pull me out of the darkness and remind me why I was here.

While we're nowhere near close to declaring a victory, thanks to my family, my friends and my brothers and sisters of the Reptile Nation, I have new wind under my sails and I'm ready to fight. I will be checking into why we would need to get a home occupancy license since we conduct no business at home and why we would need a business license for an advocation that makes no money.

With every cell of my being, I am grateful for the kindness, the support and the encouragement everyone has given me while I find the strength to continue on. You all literally saved my life.

Thank you.

K

JordanAng420

K, I am SO glad to hear that your reptile center gets to stay, and i'm proud of you that you have so much fight in you.

When people are in need of help, they're supposed to help other people...especially ones that are connected through a common interest such as reptiles.

We love you K...we'll always be here for you.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks, Maia.
I apologize for appearing overly sensitive as of late. A series of disasters tends to change your view sometimes and your tolerance for some things goes down, you know? (Unfortunately, its also messes with your emotional constitution)

We have enough evidence now to pursue legal action against the person(s) that have been caliing in the complaints, now we just have to find out who it is. We know of one person because her son came to me personally and told me what his mother was doing.

I just wanted you all to know that I appreciate all the kind words and the endless support. It has made a world of difference! :D

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
So many people would have just given up. You are a very strong person. I hope everything works out for you.

fl_orchidslave

What an ordeal- sheesh. Hopefully your attorney can find out who the all the $#!^ starters are and can sue. Those same people have likely caused problems for other neighbors.. It's in your favor to have had a couple A+ inspections. No appointment, they just show up. After all this is ironed out, perhaps a door will open for an opportunity to educate the uninformed. Keep fighting the good fight :)

Visit our friends