Diamond in April

Eve Saint

She is so well behaved for her photos!;)

Attachments

• DSC02189.JPG
    DSC02189.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • DSC02206.JPG
    DSC02206.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

Eve Saint

Im still trying to adopt a tank mate. I havent gotten a response from the person Ive been waiting for. I am still looking. I hope it wont be too late by the time I get another.

Geckomaster743

Im still trying to adopt a tank mate. I havent gotten a response from the person Ive been waiting for. I am still looking. I hope it wont be too late by the time I get another.
By the way you cant tell if a Animal is a Blazing Blizard or not just by visual analysis. Some Lizards are " Het " for some things which means they have the DNA of a Different morph in them and when bred to another lizard can probably have a hatchling that expresses the Het color. For example. Het Sunglow Raptor. Visualy you see a Raptor so you think hes a Raptor 100%. You breed him to another Raptor but you get a Sunglow Raptor. Now your wondering where did the Sunglow come from. He was carrying the Genes the whole time. Its honestly a Sort of complicated process until you understand the basics of Gecko Genetics. ( By the Way this was just an Example im not sure if Sunglows can be Het. Im still understanding Co - Dominant and Het. )

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Sorry Jacob, but you can visually tell a blazing blizzard (albino & blizzard) from a regular blizzard or a regular albino. Blazing blizzards are closer to true white. Most plain blizzards look more like my avatar, and kinda greyish/purplish, depending on the temps and their attitude :rolleyes: .

Banana blizzards have a more yellowish coloring (blizzard & patternless) and snow blizzards (snow & blizzard) have a silvery color. The Diablo Blano is the whitest gecko, and Tremper created them by crossing blazing blizzards into his Raptors.

From the pictures, I'd agree Diamond is a probably a blazing blizzard. And a very pretty one too!;)

Geckomaster743

Sorry Jacob, but you can visually tell a blazing blizzard (albino & blizzard) from a regular blizzard or a regular albino. Blazing blizzards are closer to true white. Most plain blizzards look more like my avatar, and kinda greyish/purplish, depending on the temps and their attitude :rolleyes: .

Banana blizzards have a more yellowish coloring (blizzard & patternless) and snow blizzards (snow & blizzard) have a silvery color. The Diablo Blano is the whitest gecko, and Tremper created them by crossing blazing blizzards into his Raptors.

From the pictures, I'd agree Diamond is a probably a blazing blizzard. And a very pretty one too!;)
Haha, Like i said im still getting used to genetics. Though i normally dont go for full Visual Analysis. Dont want to ever miss lead some one if i sell them some thing that im not sure about.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Whats really cool, it that there are other ways to produce a mostly white geckos. Blazing blizzard has been the most common, even though the genetics work against it. Back when they were breeding the double hets, you'd expect a 1 in 16 chance, but the ratios were often much higher. One in 30 or 40. I read it was believed that allels were close together, causing higher mortality and thus higher ratios.

But there are other ways that can breed a white, patternless gecko, including a super snow albino. I'm sure there are others, using super hypo and snow..., who knows? You are right, you can never be totally sure by looking what morph a gecko is. Diamond could surprise us all!

Eve Saint

Yes I remember seeing Diamond in the litter at petco. She was the only Albino there. All of her brothers and sisters were regular coloring Leopard Geckos.

Visit our friends