Differences in hatching times

kayla.h

Hey experienced breeders! I just had my first baby leo hatch on 6/14. How long should the other egg take? It's nice and full and looks ready to pop, but he's not ready to join his sibling yet I suppose. How long can he wait in there? I'm getting impatient! :p

kayla.h

Sad news. Pip passed away. I don't think he absorbed his yolk before hatching (I didn't assist him in any way, I just let nature do its thing as he hatched). Poor thing wouldn't gain weight or eat. I tried supplementing, but he lost the battle. I'm sad to lose him, but I'm learning that nature is a better selector for healthy geckos than I or any vet. Hopefully the next eggs that hatch will be healthy and happy buggers that will live long lives and make someone a happy owner for many years.

Geckomaster743

Sad news. Pip passed away. I don't think he absorbed his yolk before hatching (I didn't assist him in any way, I just let nature do its thing as he hatched). Poor thing wouldn't gain weight or eat. I tried supplementing, but he lost the battle. I'm sad to lose him, but I'm learning that nature is a better selector for healthy geckos than I or any vet. Hopefully the next eggs that hatch will be healthy and happy buggers that will live long lives and make someone a happy owner for many years.
No worries, You tried. He was able to live a short period of time but he was cared for and didn't die painfully. I'm sorry for your loss of Pip.

Visit our friends