Different feeders!

Tanner505Geckos

i was wondering wat people are feeding the leos because of the mealie shortage.I feed my leos super worms that are power fed pro gut load with this work fine?:main_huh:

efx*

- G3 Geckos
I'm feeding hatchlings and small geckos crickets and waxworms. For my adults i'm feeding superworms.

This mealworm shortage is horrible..

W

wings2fly

I am feeding dubia roaches, but I still have some mealworms.
Due to the shortage, I have tried to breed the mealworms. It's working, but they are still very small.

Carin

L

LeopardLunatic

Ive bred my for awhile now but i also dont have a problem getting em up here maybe the shortage hasnt hit us yet. you could always feed em some crack worms you have laying around the house lol. Pheonix worms are nice but they are very small.

Bodon

i got some wax worms but ive been able to find the really small mealworms and theyll have to do for now i guess.

F

Freemankind

the shortage hit us late, so i stopped using the mealies to breed them. i got a small colony going and then ANTS!!! i never have problem w/ ants i leave food out all the time. Now im checking my cages every 10 minutes to make sure my geckos arn't under attack. damn heat wave killed off the suppliers around here is what i'm told.

B

brad.a.c

I feed mine crickets, my petstore says that they are getting a shipment in like today though so, I might be getting some.

Bling_my_leo

Lizard Lady ツ
Yea. I used the the last (say 58) mealies i had and started a breeding colony. I'm glad I started breeding them alomst a week ago. The mealies will soon be hitting their second stage, pupae. :)

B

brad.a.c

Yeh, I'm going to be starting mine pretty soon. It's a smart thing to do.

ataber

im using supers and roaches and also plan on breeding both to eliminate the need for mealworms at least for now...

GeckoJunkie

Junkie
Roaches all the way. Now that I can handle having them it is the only way I want to go. I will still keep a few mealies around though.

L

LeopardLunatic

you will never see me anywhere near roaches as a guy that is the only thing that grosses me out yuck

ataber

i was skeptical of the roaches at first too but they're pretty cool and so easy to keep and breed(easier then the worms IMO)

V

Vargblod

I don't get this whole shortage thing, do the majority of shops all get their mealworms from the same place or something? Otherwise why is it a widespread problem?

P

Paco

I have been using Silk Worms for the past month. I only have a few that are still a bit picky but they are also ovulating females. They are pretty easy to keep. Don't smell at all. Get nice and fat. Have almost now Chitin if any at all. So they are an excellent feeder in all aspects. Plus the are cheaper than Roaches right now.

Visit our friends