DIY tank and questions

mikedf13

I've been looking at this cabinet for a basis for a Leo Gecko enclosure. I would put it on its side, remove the door to make an appropriate door for the tank, obviously....debating on a sliding door system or to make a door. I'd also cut a hole in the top to make room for grating / screen for ventilation. I am planning on using a deep heat projector for the heat and put in a uvb light.

The other option I would have is my book shelf itself. The dimensions of the area however would be 27" long, 12" wide and 13" tall...~15 gallons by online calculators. I would of course add a door system and go from there. Again, like above, I would do the same.

On either of these ideas, would you waterproof the wood with epoxy/liquid rubber?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think the larger one is the better idea. I don't know anything about treating wood, though the only water issues would be for spilled water bowl or cleaning. It sounds like an interesting idea. You don't necessarily need the UVB bulb, but it's not forbidden.

Aliza

mikedf13

I've decided to go commercial. Gotta thrives desert essentials kit and had to purchase other accessories. All in all about 350-400 dollar purchase. Still need a few more- crickets for example.

Visit our friends