DNA tested my dogs.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Just for curiousity's sake, I DNA tested my dogs to find out their breeds were.
I received my first result in the mail today (I have two more on the way) and was blown away!

Turns out my dog Ella, who we were told was 3 quarters english bulldog and 1 quarter boxer isn't at all...

Shes 37-74% Boxer, 11-19% bulldog.....and 20-36% Saint Bernard!

Crazy. I would have NEVER guessed.

Just thought I'd share my experience, this is a great company if you are curious about your dogs breed/s. They are very inexpensive, and you get your results back in 2 weeks.

dnatestmydog.com

GexPex

Yeah, I never trust those tests. Friend of mine sent in her 90lb dog's DNA for testing...and it came back with Pomeranian, Schnauzer, and Yorkshire Terrier. Well, where did the 90lbs of dog come from? lol

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Yeah, I never trust those tests. Friend of mine sent in her 90lb dog's DNA for testing...and it came back with Pomeranian, Schnauzer, and Yorkshire Terrier. Well, where did the 90lbs of dog come from? lol

Theyre pretty accurate. They knew my dog was boxer and bulldog just from her cheek swab. It's reliable, trust me.

Also, where did the 90lbs come from? Schnauzers come in all different sizes, and their DNA would be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Schnauzer

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Could have received the size from the schauzner, and the colouring from the yorkie or pom. Genetics don't lie, but they can do crazy things.

You should see me compared to my parents.

Last edited:

Visit our friends