Does anyone else not use a separate calcium bowl

Latlaw

in their tanks. I use Repashy Calcium Plus ICB and dust at every feeding. I was under the impression that it was enough. Should I add a calcium bowl in addition to this?

maximusx6910

I have read that many people do it just in case. So whether or not they do. Its still there. I dust everything i feed them too, and i have a small little cup that is in the cage. One of my leos does eat the dust, while the other prefers to walk through and make a mess! haha

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Since I switched to Repashy calcium plus I don't use a separate calcium dish in the adults' enclosures but I do use them for my hatchlings.

Aliza

Latlaw

Since I switched to Repashy calcium plus I don't use a separate calcium dish in the adults' enclosures but I do use them for my hatchlings.

Aliza

Thanks Aliza,

I have 1 adult, 2 four month olds, and a seven month old. At what age do you no longer call them hatchlings?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I should probably stop calling them hatchlings when I start to see 1 poop every day or every other day instead of lots of poops, which to me means that they're still eating a lot and processing a lot. I'd say roughly between 25-40 grams. In all honesty, I treat all my hatchlings and juveniles the same until I sell them even though some are now over 50 grams. So the bigger juvies also still have calcium bowls but I don't worry too much about keeping them filled all the time.

Aliza

Latlaw

I should probably stop calling them hatchlings when I start to see 1 poop every day or every other day instead of lots of poops, which to me means that they're still eating a lot and processing a lot. I'd say roughly between 25-40 grams. In all honesty, I treat all my hatchlings and juveniles the same until I sell them even though some are now over 50 grams. So the bigger juvies also still have calcium bowls but I don't worry too much about keeping them filled all the time.

Aliza

thanks!

Samantha

i have a sunny d cap filled with cal powder and i have seen my little gecko go over and eat huge chunks of it...i guess he needed the cal so i keep some in every gecko inclosure just in case they want it

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I also use the calcium plus. I put extra regular calcium in their food dishes and have seen some lick it up from there. I only put a separate calcium cup in my breeding females tubs. I used to put one in with everyone, but they were mostly dumped within a day which just wasted all that calcium. Putting it in the regular food bowl seems to help.

Visit our friends