Does anyone own this frog?

GothicGurrrl

Hey :)
I recently saw a picture of a 'blue dumpy tree frog', nicknamed the smiling tree frog. It was sooo cute ^ ^ and i'm interested in learning more about them. does anyone on here own one? if so, pictures would be lovely :3 thankyouu.

A photo I found on google.. this is a smiling tree frog :D

2612380916_f91f21a7ba.jpg

Look, it's smiling :D

white.jpg

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Those are great frogs from what I've researched on them and they were actually suggested to me by a few people when I was looking for a toad for my boy. I knw there are several members on the forum that have dumpys, but here is a great frog forum (hopefully this isn't against the TOS) for you to get more info.

frogforum.net

Mods if that isn't allowed please edit.

clemsonguy1125

Yep, dumpys tree frogs make great pets. I had a green tree frog and he was great. Cares no to difficult but be prepared, they dont move all to much. Feeding times great but other than that they only jump another handful of times each day.

Psychotic4mb3r

Psychotic Gecko's
Will these guys eat mealworms? Ive thought about getting 1 or a few but I hate having to feed crickets ALL the time lol. Very frequent pet store visits for that.. Im trying to stick to things that will mostly eat mealworms and occasionally crickets

clemsonguy1125

Im like that too. I never tried meal worms on mine but I really couldnt see him eating them. Hed wait till they were about a inch from him then lunge. Mealworms just dont move enough.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
From what I've read on my frog forum most frog species require crickets as the mealworms and supers as a staple diet are too shell-y and hard to digest. It is only recommended on occasion as a rotational food not a staple.

Last edited:

GothicGurrrl

Thanks for the frog forum link :D i'll have a look.

haha, after I posted this post I realised that the dumpy frog was the same as the white's tree frog :D .. i've been researching them under that name now.

They look really cute, and I have always wanted a frog. I want one that is easy to handle.. and most frogs are very active and jumpy. But these frogs look like they'll just sit in your hand for hours :D

I bet they could eat mealworms.. I don't know much about frogs.. but the african clawed frogs at college eat mealworms :D

can anyone tell me how they should be kept? temps?
are they are expensive.. including the frog and the equipment?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Everything you need to know about their care is on that frog forum I posted. You don't even need a membershhip to see the care sheets. Honestly that's where I'd go.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Thanks for the frog forum link :D i'll have a look.

haha, after I posted this post I realised that the dumpy frog was the same as the white's tree frog :D .. i've been researching them under that name now.

They look really cute, and I have always wanted a frog. I want one that is easy to handle.. and most frogs are very active and jumpy. But these frogs look like they'll just sit in your hand for hours :D

I bet they could eat mealworms.. I don't know much about frogs.. but the african clawed frogs at college eat mealworms :D

can anyone tell me how they should be kept? temps?
are they are expensive.. including the frog and the equipment?

I don't reccomend handling too often. It isn't good for amphibians.

My dumpy is in a 29 gal tall tank. He likes it very humid and hot. 80 degrees/ and 75-90 percent humidity. They will change colors with different heat/humidity levels. I have been feeding mine mealies for the last three weeks and haven't noticed any difference in activity/health. I have crickets, phoenix worms, waxies, and superworms ordered so I am going to try a variety.

Visit our friends