Dubia Day Geckos?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I saw three of these "Dubia Day Geckos" at a local petstore today. They were so cool looking and very active. I have never heard of "Dubia" day geckos though so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone has ever kept any of them and could offer some advice to a (hopefully) soon to be new phelsuma owner.
:main_thumbsup:

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I did Phelsuma Dubia aka: The dull day gecko. However care is basically just showing up as phelsuma in general, which I don't really see any problems with so I may just use them.

My thing was that I thought it to be a better idea to ask here and see if there was anyone who actually worked with them instead of contradicting internet caresheets.

T

thegeckoguy2010

GeckoStud said:
I did Phelsuma Dubia aka: The dull day gecko. However care is basically just showing up as phelsuma in general, which I don't really see any problems with so I may just use them.

My thing was that I thought it to be a better idea to ask here and see if there was anyone who actually worked with them instead of contradicting internet caresheets.

MY buddy Jeff works with them and i think he is selling his pair, but dont quote me. let me talk to him if you are interested.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
That would be great, all I need to know is some basic care of them and if they can be kept in trios. I read that alot of the phelsum can only be kept in duos. Thanks!

V

vierfleck

Phelsuma dubia

Hi,

you cannot keep Ph.dubia in a group,only pairs.Have an extra viv,to separate the pair,cause the males can be very aggressive against the female,when they dont want to pair.They need a little bit more humidity then Ph. mad grandis and the same temperature.

If you breed them,you will love the tiny blue spots on the hatchlings.

Greetings

Matthias

Visit our friends