dying? =(

cyndi0502

so for the past...maybe 2 weeks my female stopped eating. she's always been an amazing eater and i was concerned when she stopped. i've tried crickets, superworms, and mealworms. she just doesn't even go after them.

today at feeding time, i took her out just to check her over. when i picked her up she was VERY limp...she's usually very fiesty but she literally just layed down in my hands. i was getting very worried so i kept her on my hands a little longer. she even closed her eyes, which is unheard of for her if i'm holding her. i then flipped her over to examine her stomach, nothing on her stomach was out of the ordinary BUT while upside down she literally layed on her back limp, with her head back. =( =( i'm so upset right now, she looks fine, she shed 2 days ago and is nice and fat and bright but she just looks and acts so DEAD.

when i put her back in the cage, she was walking around very weird. almost like she has no balance and she kinda looks drunk while walking.

all the temperatures are correct and steady, how they have been all year. she is on reptile carpet and paper towel, enough hides, calcium, etc.

i don't know what to do, i'm so worried about her. does anyone know why she could be acting like this?

got spots?

leo lover
i'd go to the vet.
But i doubt this but... I am guessing ur in usa they r notcernal so maybe she was tired? was she just bought? Really go to the vet =s I don't like how it sounds though... keep me updated

cyndi0502

no, i've had her for a year now. the reason why i'm asking if anyone knows on here is because my university is in a very small town and there's not an exotic vet for 45 miles.

i won't be able to take her to the vet until october 9th, and by then it will probably be too late.

btw: her condition is the same today.

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
Any way you could get pics up? It almost sounds like a neurological issue. Have you had any neighbors spray for bugs? Have you gotten your feeders somewhere other than the usual lately?

Just to keep her going, you could always try the slurry...check the sticky.

JordanAng420

Probably a stupid question...but, what morph is she? Does she happen to be an enigma?

Sounds kinda like what my enigma started doing when I first discovered her "enigma syndrome"

cyndi0502

nope, not an enigma. she's a normal. i was thinking about a neurological issue...but how does that come about? just something random, not something i did?

the temp fluctuates between 91-95...nothing hotter and it's always been the same since i've have her.

the feeders are the same, i've been feeding them carrots and they've been coming from the same place. i've also been feeding my other 2 geckos the same thing and they are acting normal.

i will get pictures up ASAP, although i don't think those will do much at all. she looks completely normal, she's just acting different. maybe i will take a video of her, that would help a lot more.

i forgot to mention. last night she ate 15 mealworms, so she's eating. but she was striking them multiple times. she would totally miss like she couldn't see them...but i know she can see because she would eventually get the mealworm and she responds to hand gestures, and she knows when i get close to her cage.

could she be GOING blind????

Last edited:

STUTFL

How's the light? Water? Sorry, don't have any experience with sick leos - though I've had animals go limp and get lethargic when they're dehydrated. But that one's pretty obvious, so it probably isn't an issue.
:( Good luck. :heart:

cyndi0502

water is normal, just what i've always used. i always make sure the moist hide is damp, and all of my geckos drink the same water.

light is...normal too. i'm usually gone during the day so the lights aren't on..they aren't in a crowded area either.

i did spray some air freshener the other day, but it was completely away from their cages and both of my other geckos are fine.

=( thank you

Last edited:
V

VitalTears

yeah, you shoud take lilttle guy to the vet and sorry to hear to this x(

Visit our friends