egg fertility

Dpgunns

Ok so I am having troubles with egg fertility. seems like every other clutch is infertile. Would that be due to the inexperiance of the male? OF 14 eggs I got 5 good ones so far. I know that first year females usually lay an infertile clutch or 2 but I am getting a ton of infertile eggs something isnt adding up. It is acutally quite frustrating.The husbandy isnt an issue as they are getting everything they need from clacium and vitamin supps. Anyone have an idea as to whats going on? These eggs look great but they are completely yellow inside...does it take longer for the veins to show up or something? Anyhow they are incubating just in case I am wrong and none have started to mold or stink yet.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't take the candling too seriously. I've had many eggs where I don't see anything and they hatch. Some females, even those who aren't first timers, can lay infertile eggs or eggs where there is embryo death. Often there's no reasonable explanation. The only thing to do is to make sure your husbandry is as good as possible and await the results. Good luck.

Aliza

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I agree with Aliza. In my opinion, eggs should always be incubated until there isn't the slightest doubt they are infertile. If you are using correct husbandry methods and are incubating in the correct environment you are doing all you can. In my experience, lack of fertility has little to do with the male(though there are exceptions). As long as theres no mold or smell I would continue to incubate, you'd be surprised how many "yellow" eggs hatch out just fine.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I have had yellow eggs turn pink and glowing red two weeks into incubation. Usually eggs that look yellow past two weeks will take a long time to mold over. Just incubate and keep monitoring the eggs.

Dpgunns

Thanks i feel a little better now.. Yes husbandry is definately something we take seriously. THanks again...

thegeckoguy23

I don't take the candling too seriously. I've had many eggs where I don't see anything and they hatch. Some females, even those who aren't first timers, can lay infertile eggs or eggs where there is embryo death. Often there's no reasonable explanation. The only thing to do is to make sure your husbandry is as good as possible and await the results. Good luck.

Aliza

i would think the same thing :elf:

Visit our friends