Egg laying machine

B

Brian O

I uasually am happy with six or eight eggs from a first year breeder. I have one girl that has so far laid 18. She has been laying every ten days like clock work. I haven't put her with a stud in three clutches. Not to mention that all of her eggs have been good so far. What has everyone else been averaging?

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Brian, 18 is a marathon!! I would say that my average from a first timer is about 5-6. My average from a proven female is about 10-12. Most I have received this season is 15 . All of the numbers above refer to number of clutches.
Some clutches were 1 egg some were 2. I also only introduce the male a single time for breeding. I leave him in on average about 3-5 days. I may have to try re-introducing the males after about a month and a half to see if it adds to the egg production.

S

SGVreptiles

My first time breeder females have laid 4 clutches and 3 clutches...Should get some more sooon..Thats crazy 18...DANG.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I also have a first time breeder who's going strong. So far she's laid 9 clutches, 2 eggs per clutch and I can see the next clutch (and maybe the one after that) developing inside her. Five clutches have hatched, all born alive and all healthy except for one who had an abdominal opening where the yolk sac should attach. She is a stripe mated to a banded albino and so far 4/10 of the babies have been stripes (including the one that died, unfortunately).
Aliza

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
My oldest female was a first timer this year too she cranked out 9 or 10 clutches (i'll have to check my records) all with two eggs, sadly all but one of them were for naught. One hatchling out of all those eggs, thats bad... Should have been more but i think i was opening the incubator too much checking for other hatchlings and that screwed a few more over... live and learn.

I also think her being a first timer may have had something to do with it... And it being my first year too... Again Live and learn right?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Wow Brian! So far I'm at 6 clutches with my first laying female. The first clutch was lost due to exposure (was out of town and friend didn't check boxes eggs dried out), the second clutch hatched 2 healthy babies, third went moldy a few days before they were due, fourth hatched 2 healthy babies, fifth and sixth are still incubating. This female is currently gravid with her seventh clutch.

Visit our friends