Egg question?

JennLP272

My Leo had her last clutch on . One egg was smushy and yellow like all of her other clutches. The other egg was pretty hard and had the red tint and kind of the bulls eye in it. With the temperatures changing here the humidity dropped in the incubator about three days ago and the one side of the bottom of the egg kind of collapsed in so its flat. The egg still has the bulls eye and what appears to be a shadow around the red lines. I've raised the humity since I noticed and kept a closer eye on it but it won't fill back out. Is there still a chance for the egg even with it partly flat? Temps btwn 80-82.7 and humidity is above 80% egg is in vermiculite.

tommysatterlee

What you can do if you want to try is put the bad egg in another container. These are called "slug" eggs. The slug eggs can actually really hurt the eggs you put them with. Jay Brewer (owner of Prehistoricpets) told me never to give up on an egg, but do not take a risk on killing other offspring. Good luck with your leo clutch. The babies are simply amazing!

JennLP272

I separated them from the start. The bad egg I gave up on since it quickly collapsed and molded. The other one is holding strong except for the dent.

Visit our friends