Egg Sweating for 24hr+

Ok so I have an egg that has been sweating for over 24 hours and I have candled it and I cannot see anything moving inside, it possible that it has died in the egg as about a week ago there was a power outage for about 5 hours. I wanted to know what you guts would do, leave it alone or pip the egg.

houseape57

Oh please leave it alone and let nature take its course. If its sweating you prob have a baby ready to hatch. Near hatching time most of mine you cant see anything in the egg.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
This has happened to me before.. I ended up pipping the egg after waiting 12 hours I believe, I'm sorry to say the baby had already passed :( I choose to pip if the egg doesn't seem like it's going to make it, simply to see what morph it would have been so I know the percentages of what I've produced and to see if there's anything out of the ordinary. It's very saddening but can be interesting too. When this happened to me, the baby actually had three eyes and two heads, so I knew then that it wouldn't have survived outside of the egg anyway.

Last edited:

Visit our friends