egg ?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I have a first time breeder that has laid 8 clutches so far over a period of about 9 months. I sold her to a friend, so I am not sure how many more she will lay. I have heard they lay about 12 clutches though.

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
Thank you Jeanne. I know females need to be at least 12 months old but better at 14 months, and males at least 9 months old before breeding but what about wieghts?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
G & M Geckos said:
Thank you Jeanne. I know females need to be at least 12 months old but better at 14 months, and males at least 9 months old before breeding but what about wieghts?

30+ grams, I wait until 35 Grams

crestedgeckogirly

Jeanne said:
30+ grams, I wait until 35 Grams

I agree. They need to be AT LEAST 30 grams, but the bigger they are, the better. This is ESPECIALLY the case for females b/c a breeding season really takes a lot out of them.

I usually try cool my girls so that they don't lay more than 10 clutches a season...I actually prefer it at 8-9 per season. I shoot for 9 months laying and 3 months off. However, some females will lay more frequently than once a month (I had one lay closer to every 20 days), so even in a 9 month period you could get 10-11 clutches.

Especially first year breeders though are very slow to start laying, so just a heads up. Sometimes even after being w/a male it can take up to 3-4 months for a newbie to start laying.

-Andrea ;)

Visit our friends