Eggs laid

Weiand

My little gang of Leo's pretty much just sleep all the time an be as lazy as possible. I have five total, no clue what sex any but well two are.
A bit after 2:00 A.M. today, I saw two eggs in their home. The one that laid them, "Thor", seems a bad name now, a Hypo is staying near them.
I'm not sure how long ago they were laid. I had no clue she was going to lay eggs, just thought she was getting fat.
So here is is 2:30 A.M. no stores open, had no clue eggs were going to be laid so I have nothing to put them in.
Would be at least 6.5 - 7 hours before a store is open to get anything at all for the eggs.
Any idea's on a temp thing to do right now until I can get to a pet store and pick up what is needed? Which, well I've no clue.
I was not ready for this at all. I was wanting to attempt breeding in the future, but wasn't to that point yet.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you keep all 5 together? If so, and since no one has killed anyone, I"m guessing you have a female and 4 males. Most leopard geckos aren't breeding now, but there are exceptions. If that's your setup, you're going to be in over your head pretty soon, since ovulating geckos lay 2 eggs every 2 weeks for a varying amount of time. Since you don't know when the eggs were laid, more hours isn't a problem. I highly recommend you google "breeding leopard geckos" and do a lot of research because it's too much to explain in 1 thread. In my opinion, your best bet is to try to find a ZooMed reptibator which may run about $150, but essentially it's just like getting the usual beginner incubator called the "Hobovator", which costs $50 and then spending the other $100 on a decent thermostat. Good luck!

Aliza

Weiand

By the time i was able to get to a store to get substrate to put them in the eggs had started to dent, so will see how it goes.
I did look into the zoomed reptibtor, saw the hobovator but didn't think that would work, so that gives it another option.
I did a bit of reading up today on breeding, which again, is something i was wanting to try in the future, this just caught me by surprise, so now time to get the equipment and read more, then read more.
Does seem I have about 2 weeks to get "set up" then.
Thanks for the info.

As of right now, 4 are together, the other one is by itself since was much much smaller than the rest.
The only "fighting" was when each was a juvie, pretty much run around biting this and that, rocks, decor, etc, then mellowed out, then just lay around and sleep. They actually lay on each other a lot like the young ones do.

Visit our friends