EMERGANCY!

Geckomaster743

Yeah he made it but he's now really Scared of me. Like all my Lizards get afraid when they see me so there Pulse raises for about a Min and then stops but now he won't calm down. Noise/Heat aren't a Problem I don't know if its what he ate but I'm going to call a Herp Vet near a Place where i live.

Geckomaster743

Well i took Kelly's Advice, Turns out most of his Craziness was because of the Scent of my other Male Leopard Gecko Theseus. I gave Theseus a Cup to use as a Humid hide last week but after i had to go to my Moms house I had accidentally Achilles given the Cup. And it turns out I Installed it the night before he went crazy. Any way I'm going to keep watching him for now. I removed the Cup from the Cage and washed the Scent off with a lot of Soap and water. It won't be back in his Cage for a While but I'm not exactly sure that was the Whole reason he went mad. Im going to keep an Eye on him and confirm that was the problem though I'm sure Theseus had a big part in it. The moment i had Released Achilles back in to his cage he begun searching,Licking and sniffing for a Scent but he couldn't find one after circling his territory several times. He's still very Cautious but he's calming down! I also moved his cage across the room so he can't see Theseus any more. I have at least tested 15 different things to see what happened. ( The Reason Achilles was even Crazier about going in his Cage was because i assumed it was the tree so i left him the Cup to sleep in and all he could smell was the Scent of a Male because the Cup belonged to another Male, He's back in the Tree now ).

Geckomaster743

Im almost 100% Sure he was going to die from the Amount of stress that he was feeling.... He couldn't see his " Attacker - Intruder "

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Glad he is all right! Geez you miss a couple days here, you miss alot!

Male leos are totally serious about the scent marking of their territory. I keep mine as far apart as possible, too.

Geckomaster743

Glad he is all right! Geez you miss a couple days here, you miss alot!

Male leos are totally serious about the scent marking of their territory. I keep mine as far apart as possible, too.
Yeah I hadnt ever realized some thing like this before.... As always you can never learn enough about Leopard Geckos.
Well, since everything turned out ok, the dad in me cannot resist asking the following question ...

What did you learn?
I learned that Males take Scent alot more Seriously! I had never expected too see Achilles take it that bad, i didnt realize the big guy was so Sensitive. Any way i wouldnt say hes fully recovered because his tail wagging is Still going up and hes always catious but im seeing his Old self return. He will be better in no time. Today he got his First Wax Worm and Begun licking his Reptile Carpet for the next 20 Min :) It was a Treat from me to him for Finnaly recovering from Freaking out so much and I was sick of watching is his tail swish back and forth!

Visit our friends