EMERGENCY! HELP ASAP

RoyalSongs

I found a leopard gecko while randomly scrolling through Craigslist, it's paper thin with basically no fat on its tail and I started crying because of how terrible it looks and I don't know what to do.

I don't want to flag/report the poster because I feel like there is some chance I may get it but I don't have $80 extra dollars, I barely have thirty extra dollars, I don't know what to do!

00R0R_d6WdbQfiZhl_600x450.jpg

Neon Aurora

I hate to say it, but that gecko would have a very low chance of survival even if you took it in. It likely has crypto, so you'd be putting any other geckos you have at serious risk by taking it in. It will probably die within the next couple of days regardless of the quality of care it gets. It's possible it could recover, I suppose, but in my experience it would be pretty unlikely.

I know it's sad. But sometimes animals are beyond the help of people who care.

I would also absolutely refuse to pay $80 to someone who kept a gecko in that condition. That's just encouraging him/her to get more geckos, treat them this way, and sell them to people who will pay a high price because they can't bear to see the animal suffer. If I really wanted to that that gecko on (although if you don't have $80, you probably aren't going to be able to afford the vet care that gecko would need), I would be contacting the seller and getting it for free.

Last edited:

Visit our friends